Saturday, February 18, 2012

Doing It in Public

Passing 1,000 pushups sounds like reason to celebrate. Yeah baby!

Passing 1% of my goal, on the other hand, sounds like...a reason to be damn glad it's only Feb 20th.

420 completed today, 60 of them on the grass outside my nephew's school - he had a hoops game, and they were just into the 4th quarter when my boys decided they wanted to go outside and play with toy cars and pieces of trash. 'Are you kidding me?? They just cut the lead to six!' My boys didn't care, if they were even listening to me.

On the bright side, I didn't have to witness the final four minutes of the game, when my nephew's team got ripped apart like wrapping paper on Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I used to always exercise on the public playground equipment as my kids played. Only a few strange looks from other moms. Besides, the grass is much easier on the knuckles than the concrete floor in the basement. Even with a thin little rug on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah right? 'Look at that silly parent!' When I'm at the playground and I think there's less than a 50% chance one of the boys is going to fall off something and snap a vertebrae I usually try to get in a few pullups or dips. nothing but grass today so pushups it was. This summer i hope to be doing knuckle pushups on the driveway, on a bed of nails and hot coals by Christmas.

    ReplyDelete